Kenyans frequently face difficulties in paying the NHIF using M-Pesa. The National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF) is a government-run organization that covers Kenyans over the age of 18 for medical expenses. Membership can be obtained through an employer or by applying on one’s own. Members from both the formal and informal sectors are eligible to register. Inpatient and outpatient therapies, maternity services, cancer treatment, and renal dialysis are only a few of the services covered by the NHIF.
What are the requirements for NHIF registration?
You must first register before learning how to pay NHIF with M-Pesa. You must have the following documents in order to register and receive an NHIF membership card:
- Copies of National Identification Cards (For spouses and dependents if applicable)
- A copy of the employer’s introductory letter (this does not include volunteer or self-employed contributors).
- Passport photographs in various colors (For spouses and dependents if applicable)
- Original and copies of the dependents’ birth certificates
What method do you use to make monthly payments?
How to pay NHIF using M-Pesa is one of the most often requested issues, as is how to make monthly NHIF contributions quickly. Employees in the formal sector have their contributions deducted automatically by their employers. Those in the informal sector, on the other hand, can pay by bank or Mpesa. Voluntary and self-employed contributions are Ksh. 500 per month. You have the option of choosing how many months you want to pay for. Mpesa is the most common method of payment since it is simple and convenient.
How to make an Mpesa payment to the NHIF
The following steps will help you on how to pay NHIF via Mpesa:
- Go to Mpesa Menu in your SIM Tool Kit.
- Make your way to Lipa Mpesa.
- Choose Paybill and input the business/pay bill number 200222.
- As your account number, enter your National ID number.
- Put the amount you want to pay in the box below.
- After you’ve entered your pin number and confirmed the transaction, you can submit it.
- Mpesa will send you a transactional message confirming your contribution when you pay.
How do you know if you’ve paid the National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF)?
You may quickly check the status of your account on your phone by following the steps below:
- Make a new SMS.
- Type “ID,” a space, and then your ID number.
- Send a text message to the number 21101.
As a result, you’ll receive an email with your member number, ID number, birth year, most recent contributions, and dependents.