Three children, ages 7, 6, and 5, narrowly avoided death when their home caught fire on Thursday morning, June 2.
Ritaro villages, Riondong’a sub-location, Keumbu division, Kisii County were the scene of the tragedy.
According to the authorities, Esther Nyanchama Ezekiel, the mother of the three children, lost everything in the house in the early morning event.
“I got up early in the morning, lighted a candle for the kids to help them get ready for school while it was still dark, and dashed to the kitchen to make breakfast,” Esther explained.
“I returned to the house a few minutes later only to find the house on fire,” she added.
It was then that she grabbed her children in panic, and ran outside to safety.
According to the police no one was injured in the incident.
Neighbours arrived at the scene and helped to put out the fire before it could spread to other nearby houses.
Police are investigating the incident.