The National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF) now has an online portal that allows members to easily register and take use of the fund’s extraordinary advantages. The following is a step-by-step guide to registering for the NHIF online. Learn how to make monthly payments for self-employed people using Mpesa Paybill.
How to Register for the National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF) Online
For persons who are self-employed, the procedure for NHIF online registration is as follows:
- To register for the NHIF, go to: https://registeronline.nhif.or.ke/member
- Click Employed by Yourself
- Enter your national identification number, passport number, or alien identification number.
- Fill in the remaining fields on the form.
- Include a scanned copy of your driver’s license or passport.
- Include a passport-size photo.
- If you’re married, include a copy of your spouse’s marriage certificate.
- To confirm, click the button. If you correctly filled out all of the fields, your application will be sent.
Registration criteria for the NHIF
- a copy of your national identification card
- a copy of your spouse’s national identification card and, if appropriate, their marriage certificate
- A birth certificate is required for children over the age of six months.
- NHIF code for your employer (if you are employed)
- A passport photo in color. Where applicable, passport images of your spouse or dependents must also be included.
Mpesa paybill payment for NHIF
The steps for paying your NHIF contribution via Mpesa paybill are outlined below.
- Select the Pay Bill option.
- Fill in the NHIF Business Number 200222.
- As the account number, enter the contributor’s national ID number.
- Fill in the amount.
- Enter your M-PESA pin and double-check the information.
Your phone will receive a confirmation message. Was this guide useful to you? Please share your thoughts in the comments area.
- Coverage for in-patient care
- Medical coverage for outpatient services
- Health-care plans for civil servants
- Linda Mama’s health-insurance services
- Supa/Super cover from the NHIF