Home Lifestyle How to Replace KCSE and KCPE Certificates that Have Been Lost

How to Replace KCSE and KCPE Certificates that Have Been Lost


You may have misplaced your KCSE or KCPE certificate, which serves as proof to the world that you are a knowledgeable individual. Maybe you don’t know where to look for a substitute. This is where you should be. If you want to know where Mitihani House or the KNEC offices are, here is the place to go.

Requirements for Replacing a Lost Certificate

The following are the conditions for obtaining a replacement certificate:

  1. An application form for a replacement certificate should be downloaded and filled out by the applicant.

To obtain the application form, go to http://www.knec.ac.ke and select Certificate Replacement and Confirmation from the left-hand menu. Then select the application for certificate replacement. Before you apply, make sure you have the following:

  1. The candidate should have a letter of recommendation from the school or institution where they studied, stating that they received an authentic KNEC certificate.
  2. PDE/DEO should send a letter to everyone who works in a private facility or whose old school or institution has closed.
  3. A police abstract indicating the loss of the original certificate is also required.

Replacements for KCSE and KCPE Certificates

  1. A sworn legal affidavit on the applicant’s identification must be provided to the certificate replacement request form.
  2. A copy of the applicant’s national identification card should be attached to the application form.
  3. A processing charge must be paid. Before submitting the application to the council, the applicant should deposit 5,000/= for the replacement certificate and attach the deposit slip to the application form.
  4. The new certificate will be issued within two months of the application being granted.
  5. The applicant must pick up the replacement certificate in person from KNEC and bring an original ID card, passport, or birth certificate with him or her.

 Please visit the KNEC website at https://www.knec.ac.ke/faq-page/ for additional information about replacing your lost certificate.

No Comments

Leave A Reply

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here